2016 Porsche Cayenne vs. 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Coupe
2016 Porsche Cayenne
2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Coupe
When it comes to luxury crossovers, the battle is hot for the 2016 Porsche Cayenne vs. the 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Coupe. Both offer a lot of great features, but the Cayenne, available at Porsche Orland Park: a Joe Rizza Dealership comes out ahead on the perks that matter when you want space, luxury, and comfort for mile after mile.
With the European engineering on both sides of this debate, the 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Coupe and the 2016 Porsche Cayenne are neck and neck in terms of performance. However, when it comes to everyday comfort and capability, the Cayenne wins this round. Here and there, you will find many perks as you examine the Cayenne, including:
- Almost 3 additional cubic feet of cargo space, which can make a big difference when you need to squeeze in that last luggage case
- A superior available high-end Burmester surround sound system, which when compared to the Mercedes-Benz Bang & Olufsen system, offers two additional speakers, an additional 100 watts of power, and better interior tuning
- Better off-road capability, thanks to the more responsive self-leveling air suspension and dynamic chassis control technology. While the GLE-class offers similar technologies, they have not been as well-received by reviewers.
Both the Porsche Cayenne and the Mercedes-Benz GLE-Coupe take quite a bit of styling from their predecessors. While neither crossover makes bold changes to the line-up, the Cayenne comes out a winner with a more intuitive interior design, thanks to a touchscreen infotainment system and sportier upgrades. The available 18-way adaptive sports seats with options for both heating and ventilation give this vehicle the edge over the GLE-Coupe’s less stylish leather upholstery. In addition, only the Cayenne offers the exclusive multifunction sports steering wheel that keeps you feeling like you are on the track, even when you are just lugging the kids to soccer practice.
Luxury vehicles are all about providing options, and the Cayenne offers a more tailored experience for owners who want white-glove customization services. Sure, you can choose from a menu of options for both of these vehicles, but the Cayenne offers personalization that helps you stand out from the crowd, with available personalization features that include:
- Exclusive paint colors and fabric choices
- Exclusive badges on the interior and exterior of the vehicle
- Hands-on consultation and service
- Premium upgrade options, including high-quality leather, wood, carbon, Alcantara, or aluminum
- Limited production runs for Exclusive options, enhancing the unique nature of the vehicle
Build Your Own Comparison
Perhaps the best way to compare the 2016 Porsche Cayenne and the 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE Coupe is to step behind the wheel of each vehicle. The team at Porsche Orland Park is happy to lend you the keys for a test drive, where you can examine the open space and luxurious design of the Cayenne. Contact us now at (800) 728-0866 for an unforgettable experience that places the Cayenne at the top of your comparison today!