2020 Porsche Taycan Review with Specs & Range
- Starting at $103,800 MSRP*
- Power – up to 440kW (616 Horsepower)
- Acceleration – 0-60 MPH – 2.6 seconds (Taycan Turbo S with Launch Control)
- Charging – Available Porsche Turbo Charging (270kW DC Charging)
- Top Track Speed – 161 MPH (Taycan Turbo)
- ¼ Mile Time – 10.8 seconds (Taycan Turbo S)
- Range – Up to 279 miles
About the Porsche Taycan
Debuting new technologies which have been perfected on both the race track and on the road, Porsche takes another leap towards the future with the Taycan — the first all-electric sports sedan in the brand’s storied history. This groundbreaking concept features a combined system output of 616 horsepower, a total system voltage of 800V, and a top track speed of 161 MPH. Taking cues from motorsport aerodynamics, the Taycan uses its sleek profile to help cut through the air while remaining firmly planted to the road surface. The Taycan features an optimized center of gravity for perfected handling thanks to an innovative underbody positioning of the battery.
Porsche Taycan Features
Understanding that charge times and total range remain vital to the vitality of electromobility, Porsche has doubled the standard charging voltage of the Taycan to 800 volts. The end result? You’ll experience significantly shorter charge times and lower curb weight thanks to the usage of thin-gauge copper wiring. A single charge gives you more than 275 miles of driving range. A collection of advanced charging solutions help bolster practicality while simultaneously eliminating range anxiety concerns.
Stunning Exterior Design
Meticulously crafted to stay true to the iconic lineage of Porsche sports cars, the exterior design of the Taycan captivates the senses from every angle. Its low-slung roofline blends with the qualities of legendary Porsche vehicles to help give the Taycan an instantly-recognizable shape. Unique air intakes and outlets located on the front, sides, and rear of the body highlight the flow-through exterior design of the Taycan. Floating within the front air intakes are sleek matrix LED headlights featuring Porsche’s signature four-point design.
Development & Innovation
In keeping with tradition, all Porsche vehicles carry a name that inspires a connection between the corresponding model and its unique characteristics. Tracing its linguistics roots to the East, the name “Taycan” translates to the equivalent of “spirited young horse”. This name is a tribute to the imagery found at the center of the Porsche crest which was first introduced back in 1952.
Porsche has committed a total of six billion Euros of electromobility investment by 2022, doubling the initial investment. A dedicated production center inside Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen is where the Taycan will be assembled. Another section of the original engine plant will be converted to produce new electric drivetrains for Porsche vehicles. In total, the Taycan alone is responsible for 1,200 new jobs created in Zuffenhausen.
Elegant Interior Design
Iconic design features have been re-imagined and brought into the digital age inside the Porsche Taycan. Simplistic elegance and minimalism are two instantly recognizable of the cabin design. An innovative instrument cluster consists of a curved 16.8-inch screen with the rounded look that’s typical of Porsche. Drivers can choose between four display modes – Classic, Map, Full Map, and Pure to personalize the way they view critical information. “Race-Tex” material is used in place of leather for the seat upholstery, offering a high-quality microfibre material partially consisting of recycled polyester fibers. Black-Lime Beige, Blackberry, Atacama Beige, and Meranti Brown are exclusively available for the interior of the Taycan. Another sign of the future, interior airflows are now controlled both digitally and fully automatically via Virtual Airflow Control. Features such as Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) can quickly be accessed on the central screen.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $103,800 MSRP*
- AC Permanent Synchronous Motor (390 kW/522 hp)
- Integrated Porsche 4D Chassis Control
- LED Headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)
- 16.8-inch curved display for driver including external touchscreen control panels for lighting and chassis functions
- On-Board DC-Charger with 50 kW/400V (DC) and AC-charger with 9.6kW (AC)
- Starting at $150,900 MSRP*
- Porsche Surface Coated Brakes with white calipers
- PASM (Porsche Active Suspension Management) electronic damper control
- Four driving modes: Range, Normal, Sport, and Sport Plus
- Optional Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control Sport (PDCC Sport)
- Central 10.9-inch infotainment display and an optional passenger display
Taycan Turbo S
- Starting at $185,000 MSRP*
- Adaptive Sport Seats (18-Way) with Memory Package
- Optional Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System
- Available SportDesign Carbon Fiber Package
- Optional Porsche Intelligent Range Manager
- Available Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Change Assist
Current Taycan models are listed above. Additional trims are expected to be unveiled in the upcoming months.
Reserve Your Porsche Taycan
The Porsche Taycan is expected to go on sale in 2019 according to current projections. Porsche Orland Park invites you to reserve your Porsche Taycan before they go on sale. Please fill out the form below to contact us.
*Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes options; taxes; title; registration; delivery, processing and handling fee; dealer charges. Dealer sets actual selling price.