2020 Porsche Macan Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $50,900 MSRP*
- Choice of a standard 2.0-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder (248 horsepower), optional 3.0-liter turbocharged V6 (348 horsepower), or available 2.9-liter twin-turbo V6 (434 horsepower)
- Porsche Traction Management (PTM) all-wheel drive
- Online navigation with 10.9-inch HD display, Porsche Connect Plus, a WLAN hotspot, and an array of Porsche Connect services
- Available Adaptive Cruise Control with new Traffic Jam Assist function
- Wheel diameters ranging from 18 inches as standard up to optional 21-inches
- Optional GT Sport steering wheel inspired by the Porsche 911
- New three-dimensional LED light panel at the rear, standard LED headlights, and a revamped interior design.
About the Porsche Macan
No other automaker has a more storied reputation for constructing some of the most iconic sports cars and performance SUVs than Porsche. The Porsche Macan remains in a class all its own thanks to a seductive blend of potent performance, luxurious interior, and striking exterior styling. Beneath the hood, the Macan is powered by a turbocharged 2.0-liter 4-cylinder that produces 248 horsepower and 273 lb-ft of torque. Macan S models receive a 3.0-liter turbocharged V6 that cranks out 348 horsepower and 352 lb-ft of torque. For maximum thrills, the Macan Turbo is powered a 2.9-liter twin-turbo V6 which delivers an impressive 434 horsepower and 406 lb-ft of torque.
Once you step behind the wheel, you’ll discover a cabin that’s meticulously crafted to provide the utmost in comfort and refinement. The upholstery is stitched with precision and the premium seats are perfectly tailored for spirited driving — continuing the Porsche tradition of delivering elegant craftsmanship. If you’re looking for a compact luxury SUV that delivers inspired driving dynamics and a highly-sophisticated interior, look no further than the 2020 Porsche Macan.
What the Critics Say
Porsche Macan Features
Drivers will have their choice of three powerful turbocharged engine options with the 2020 Porsche Macan. Standard power comes in the form of a 2.0-liter turbocharged inline four-cylinder produces a balanced 248 horsepower and 273 lb-ft of torque for outstanding efficiency and response. Macan S models are powered by a potent 3.0-liter turbocharged V6 that delivers 348 horsepower and 352 lb-ft of torque. Offering maximum thrills, the Macan Turbo is powered a 2.9-liter twin-turbo V6 that produces an impressive 434 horsepower and 406 lb-ft of torque. When equipped with the optional Sport Chrono package, the Macan Turb can accelerate from 0 to 60 in a blistering 4.1 seconds. Both variants come standard with a capable all-wheel drive system to help your Macan excel in both wet and dry conditions.
Beyond its striking appearance, the Porsche Macan has an ergonomic interior that perfectly complements the capable performance found beneath the hood. Inspired by the legendary Porsche 911, an optional GT Sport steering wheel helps inspire your connection to the road. Another new convenience feature is an air ionizer that works in tandem with the standard fine particulate air filter to improve air quality. The driver will enjoy features like the 8-way power adjust comfort seats and the available Sound Package Plus which includes 10 speakers and 150 watts of power output for uncompromised sound clarity.
All Macan models receive a larger, 10.9-inch full HD touch screen with the latest version of Porsche Communication Management (PCM). This new system allows users to customize the interface by positioning movable tiles and choosing their respective functions from a list of options. Other standard features include online navigation, Porsche Connect Plus (with LTE phone module and SIM card reader), a WLAN hotspot, and an array of Porsche Connect services. Navigation information is available in real-time thanks to an optional HERE Cloud™ connection. Apple® CarPlay® smartphone integration is also available. A new Traffic Jam Assist function is now part of the optional adaptive cruise control system.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $50,900 MSRP*
- 2.0-liter turbocharged inline 4 with 7-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
- Porsche Traction Management (PTM): Active all-wheel drive with Auto Brake Differential (ABD) and Anti Slip Regulation (ASR)
- Power seats trimmed in partial leather and Alcantara® (front) with eight-way electric adjustment
- 3-zone climate control with separate settings
- Porsche Communication Management* (PCM) including navigation module
- Starting at $54,900 MSRP*
- 3.0-liter turbocharged V6 with 348 horsepower and 352 lb-ft of torque
- Multifunction sport steering wheel with gearshift paddles and rim in smooth-finish leather
- Door-sill guards with “Macan S” logo (front) in Aluminum
- Instrument cluster with high-resolution 4.8-inch color display
- Sound Package Plus with 10 speakers and 150 watts of power
- Starting at $83,600 MSRP*
- 2.9-liter twin-turbo V6 engine with 434 horsepower / 406 lb-ft of torque
- Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
- Porsche Surface Coated Brakes (PSCB)
- Sport Exhaust System with Tailpipes in Silver
- Adaptive Sport Seats (18-way) with memory package in front
*Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes options; taxes; title; registration; delivery, processing and handling fee; dealer charges. Dealer sets actual selling price.