2020 Porsche Cayenne Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $66,800 MSRP*
- Standard 3.0L single-turbo V6 with 340 horsepower / 332 lb-ft of torque (Cayenne), available 2.9L twin-turbo V6 with 440 horsepower / 406 lb-ft of torque (Cayenne S), or available twin-turbocharged V8 with 541 horsepower / 568 lb-ft of torque (Cayenne Turbo)
- New eight-speed Tiptronic S gearbox
- Porsche Traction Management (PTM) AWD
- Available rear-axle steering for increased agility and stability
- Intensive use of aluminum reduces weight vs. previous generation
- Optional Porsche Surface Coated Brakes (PSCB)
- Available Burmester® 3D High-End Surround Sound System
About the Porsche Cayenne
Continuing the excellence that was first introduced in 2003, the 2020 Porsche Cayenne challenges the boundaries of performance through technological innovations which enhance on-road exhilaration and comfort. You’ll have your choice of the well-equipped Cayenne, impressive Cayenne S, or the pulse-pounding Cayenne Turbo for the ultimate in SUV performance. Its exterior is now more athletic than ever before thanks to new styling cues and engineering breakthroughs. To match its eye-catching style, the cabin of the Cayenne features many of the same design cues and technologies that made their debut in the current-generation Porsche Panamera.
What the Critics Say
“Aggressive cornering doesn’t come with body roll. You can carve an elegant arc on a freeway onramp with ease, and when it’s time to overtake a slower-moving vehicle, a light squeeze of the throttle rockets the Cayenne forward. The luxurious interior is tailored and crisp, and made me feel important behind the wheel. What more can you ask for in a performance luxury SUV?” — Forbes
“Every version of the new Cayenne we drove felt more capable than its predecessor, with better performance, increased comfort, and less body roll than expected for such a tall vehicle.” — Road and Track
Porsche Cayenne Features
Standard power for the 2020 Cayenne comes from a 3.0-liter single-turbo V6 making 340 horsepower and 332 lb-ft of torque, giving it the ability to accelerate from zero to 60 mph in 5.9 seconds (5.6 seconds with the optional Sport Chrono package). Step up to the Cayenne S and you’ll receive a 2.9-liter twin-turbo V6 makes 440 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque. For a true Porsche sports car experience infused into an SUV, the bold Cayenne Turbo is equipped with a twin-turbocharged V8 that produces a blistering 541 horsepower and 568 lb-ft of torque.
A newly-developed eight-speed Tiptronic S automatic transmission is standard across the Cayenne lineup. Fully variable Porsche Traction Management (PTM) all-wheel drive is also a standard feature on all Cayenne models. Porsche Surface Coated Brake (PSCB) technology is a world-first, offering a finish which increases friction values while lowering wear and brake dust.
Staying true to the lineage of its predecessors, the Cayenne includes revised design cues which highlight how this new generation adds to the model’s legacy. Larger air intakes integrated into the front fascia along with new horizontal light edges combine to give the Cayenne a wider and more athletic look. With the rear seats upright, cargo volume has been expanded by nearly 15 percent compared to the last generation with a total of 27.3 cubic feet. The optional Porsche Dynamic Light System (PLDS) or LED Matrix Beam headlights enhance the visual appeal of the Cayenne while providing exceptionally clear illumination.
First launched in the 918 Spyder, the 2020 Cayenne includes a redesigned Sport Chrono Package with individually configurable modes. The latest iteration of Porsche Communication Management (PCM) adds a new level of connectivity. Debuted last year with the new Panamera, an updated display and control concept for the Cayenne comes from a massive 12.3-inch full-HD touchscreen. PCM gives drivers the option to customize their experience thanks to personalized layouts with space for up to six individual profiles. Specialized sound systems from Bose® and Burmester® provide a concert-like listening experience in the 2020 Cayenne.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $66,800 MSRP*
- 3.0-Liter Turbocharged V6 with 335 horsepower and 332 lb-ft of torque paired to an 8-speed Tiptronic S automatic transmission
- ParkAssist (front and rear) with reversing camera
- LED headlights and Three-dimensional LED taillights
- Connect Plus including Online Navigation Module and Apple® CarPlay
- 8-way front comfort seats
- Starting at $84,300 MSRP*
- 2.9-Liter Twin-Turbocharged V6 with 434 horsepower and 406 lb-ft of torque
- Porsche Traction Management (PTM): active all-wheel drive with electronic and map-controlled multi-plate clutch
- Hi-fi sound system with 10 speakers, total output of 150 watts
- Optional Adaptive Sport Seats (18-way) with Memory Package
- Integrated Porsche 4D-Chassis Control
- Starting at $126,500 MSRP*
- 4.0-Liter Twin-Turbocharged V8 with 541 horsepower and 568 lb-ft of torque
- Adaptive Air Suspension including Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
- 18-way seats in front with memory package
- Heated multifunction steering wheel in Turbo design with shift-paddles with rim in smooth-finish leather
- BOSE® Surround Sound System with 14 speakers including subwoofer; total output of 710 watts
*Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes options; taxes; title; registration; delivery, processing and handling fee; dealer charges. Dealer sets actual selling price.