2020 Porsche 911 Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $113,300 MSRP*
- Next generation of flat-six turbocharged engines – producing 443 horsepower and 390 lb-ft of torque with a standard 8-speed PDK dual clutch transmission
- Revamped exterior design with increased body width, wider wheel housings, new LED headlights, and revised variable-position rear spoiler
- Top track speed of 191 MPH and 0-60 time of 3.5 seconds (911 Carrera S)
- Completely new interior characterized by clear and straight lines of the dashboard with recessed instruments.
- World-first Porsche Wet Mode which detects water on the road and preconditions the stability control and anti-lock brake systems accordingly
- Optional Night Vision Assist with a thermal imaging camera
- New Porsche Communication Management (PCM) with a larger 10.9-inch touchscreen display (up from 7.0 inches in the previous car) and comprehensive connectivity
About the 2020 Porsche 911
Marking the beginning of its eighth generation, the all-new Porsche 911 is now faster, more evocative, and more engaged than ever before. Representing the iconic characteristics of Porsche design DNA, the 911 has a more muscular appearance along with an entirely new interior layout which is both timeless and modern. Every 2020 911 will launch with the next generation of flat-six turbocharged engines featuring a 23-horsepower increase over the prior model. Building upon the collection of available active driver assistance features, the new 911 now includes standard Porsche Wet Mode for improved driver awareness on wet road surfaces. It’s also offered with available Night Vision Assist which includes a thermal imaging camera. Drawing inspiration from classic 1970s 911 models, a revised interior has been crafted with an emphasis on driver ergonomics and engagement. Wider, longer, and more composed than ever before — the 2020 Porsche 911 remains innovative while staying true to its legendary heritage.
What the Critics Say
“Notwithstanding its familiar appearance, the 2020 911 is very different than its predecessor. The new coupe arrives with aluminum-intensive construction, an enhanced powertrain, new innovative technology, and more luxury appointments than any previous 911 in history. Consumer demands are changing, and Porsche realized that it had to evolve to keep its best-selling sports car at the top of the competitive segment.” — Kelley Blue Book
“Steering is still electrically assisted, but Porsche claims the responsiveness is now 11 percent quicker in the standard car. Feedback on the track is as good as its predecessor’s, as is its faultless precision. The direct connection gels well with the newfound grip and sense of stability, reducing the apparent size of the wider and heavier 992.” — Car and Driver
Porsche 911 Features
Taking a progressive step in terms of styling, the exterior of the Porsche 911 stays thoroughly modern while paying tribute to 911 models of the past. Significantly enlarged wheel housings accentuate large 20-inch front wheels and 21-inch rear wheels. Up front, body width has been increased by a total of 1.77 inches, creating space for a wider front track. The rear width of both 911 Carrera S and 4S models have been widened to 72.91 inches, exactly the width of the previous-gen 911 Carrera 4 and 911 GTS models. Reminiscent of the first 911 generation, the front luggage compartment lid with pronounced contours is now flanked by new LED headlights. To help lower weight, the entire outer skin is now comprised of aluminum with the exception of the front and rear fasciae.
Inspired by 911 models from the 1970s, the entirely revised interior of the 2020 911 starts with clear and straight lines on the dashboard along with recessed instruments. Two thin frameless, free-form displays provide the driver with information on both sides of the centrally positioned tachometer. Available Adaptive 18-way Sport Seats Plus with greater lateral support hug the driver firmly in pace during high-speed cornering. A larger 10.9-inch touchscreen display in the new Porsche Communication Management (PCM) helps improve your drive with improved connectivity.
2020 911 Carrera S and 911 Carrera 4S models now produce 443 horsepower thanks to a reimagined turbocharged flat-six engine. This marks a 23-horsepower improvement as compared to the previous generation. It takes only 3.5 seconds to reach 60 MPH from a standstill behind the wheel of the rear-wheel drive 911 Carrera S Coupe. 911 Carrera 4S Coupe models need only 3.4 seconds. These astounding figures can be lowered even further by 0.2 seconds with an optional Sport Chrono Package. The new 8-speed PDK dual clutch transmission is included as standard and a manual transmission will be offered at a later date.
A Porsche-first innovation, an all-new Wet Mode is now included as standard on all 2020 Porsche 911 variants. This specialized function can detect water on the road, precondition the stability and brake systems accordingly, and alert the driver to the conditions. Another standard feature, a camera-based warning and brake assist system is able to pinpoint the risk of a collision with cyclists, pedestrians, or other vehicles. Optional Adaptive Cruise Control includes automatic distance control, stop-and-go functionality, and an innovative Emergency Assist function for even greater confidence behind the wheel.
Trims & Specs
The new 911 Carrera S
- Starting at $113,300 MSRP*
- 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged boxer 6 with 443 hp / 390 lb-ft of torque
- 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
- Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV+) incl. electronically controlled differential lock with fully variable torque distribution
- 20-inch/21-inch Carrera S wheels
- Porsche Communication Management* (PCM) including online navigation module and Connect Plus
The new 911 Carrera 4S
- Starting at $120,600 MSRP*
- All-wheel drive with Porsche Traction Management (PTM)
- Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
- Sport Seats with electric backrest angle and seat height adjustment and manual adjustment of fore/aft position
- LED headlights including daytime running lights with 4-point LED spotlights
The new 911 Carrera S Cabriolet
- Starting at $126,100 MSRP*
- Electrically operated, fully automatic fabric roof with three integral magnesium elements and a rigid glass rear screen, operable up to approximately 31 mph
- Porsche Connect Plus* including online navigation, Apple® CarPlay®, SiriusXM, 4G/LTE telephone module and wireless internet access
- Sound Package Plus, analog sound system, 8 loudspeakers, 150-watt total output with integral amplifier and digital signal processing
- 6-piston front, 4-piston rear, all aluminum fixed monobloc calipers
- ParkAssist (Front and Rear) including reversing camera
The new 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet
- Starting at $133,400 MSRP*
- Two-zone automatic climate control with separate temperature settings for driver and front passenger
- Embossed leather on front seat side bolsters and front seat headrests
- Multifunction steering wheel
- Automatic headlight activation including “Welcome Home” lighting
- Instrument cluster with central tachometer and two 7-inch TFT displays
*Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes options; taxes; title; registration; delivery, processing and handling fee; dealer charges. Dealer sets actual selling price.