Trims and Pricing
The 911 has been a staple of the Porsche lineup for many years. Among the 15 911 models available, the Carrera S finds itself in the middle with two transmission options:
- Carrera S with Manual – MSRP from $103,400
- Carrera S with PDK – MSRP from 106,600
The Carrera S has an engine that most other sports cars shy away from:
- 3.0L Boxer 6 Engine with Manual Transmission – This engine delivers 420-hp and 368 lb.-ft. of peak torque. You manage 0-60 mph in 4.1 seconds with a top track speed of 191 mph. The engine yields 28 mpg highway/20 mpg city.
- 3.0L Boxer 6 Engine with PDK Transmission – With this signature transmission, you see 0 – 60mph in 3.9 seconds, or 3.7 seconds if you add the Sport Chrono upgrade. Expect a top speed of 190 mpg and 28 mpg highway/22 mpg city.
The lightweight construction of the Carrera S helps with its speed, while its low and sleek look hints at the sporty capacities this coupe has to offer. Bi-Xenon headlights and four-spot LED daytime running lights encapsulate that classic Porsche shape, and 20-inch wheels and a torque-vectoring rear differential make the Carrera S stand out among the 911 family.
Interior Features and Design
Inside the Carrera S, enjoy quality leather and more than enough legroom for both drivers and passengers. The control center is elegantly designed with a button for every function of the car.
- Porsche Communications Management – A 7-inch multi-touchscreen gives you the ability to control your audio, communication, and navigation systems in one place that even offers Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Premium Sound System – Choose between the standard BOSE® surround sound system, or upgrade to the Burmester high-end surround sound system for a premium experience.
- Porsche Car Connect – Not only can you connect your smartphone with Apple CarPlay, you can also import destinations and check the performance levels of your Carrera S from your iPhone.
Advance Safety Technologies
With the high performance capacity of the Carrera S, you feel even more confident with these available safety options:
- Lane Change Assist – If you drift from the center of your lane, this system alerts you, and steering assistance guides you back on course.
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Porsche Active Safe – Should you approach another vehicle and the system anticipates a possible collision, the systems alerts you and applies brakes to avoid an accident.
- Porsche Dynamic Light System – Your headlights adjust and illuminate more vividly as you turn a corner or come up on a curve to give maximum visibility.
2017 Porsche 911 Carrera S Reviews
There’s no one, critics included, who can get behind the wheel of the 911 Carrera S and deny its charm and performance abilities.
- Car and Driver: “In around-town blasts, the Carrera S is a missile. A two-millimeter-larger turbo impeller and tweaks to the engine-management software are the major differences between the Carrera and the Carrera S. To make the extra power, the S runs more boost: 16.0 psi to the Carrera’s 13.1. With so much in common, it’s not surprising that the S’s power is delivered with the same smooth linearity of the Carrera; there’s just a whole lot more of it. “
- Motor Authority: “The Porsche 911 isn’t just a car. It’s car history, one of the foundation garments on the body of work that includes everything from the Model T to the Beetle to the Corvette. Catch us on the right day and we’d argue the 911 is one of the cars mankind will be measured by, if there’s ever a real day of reckoning, and the reckoner turns out to be a car freak.”
- AutoBlog: “The Carrera S’ full 368 lb-ft is available right from 1,700 rpm, and there’s no lag prior to arrival. As I launch up the side of the mountain, there’s a rush of power available at every second, and the torque stays strong up to 5,000 rpm. In Sport Plus mode, the 911 is on full attack, and I never have to second-guess the action of the PDK gearbox. It is always in the correct gear, all of the time.”
- Kelley Blue Book: “Building on that foundation Porsche has updated the 911 Carrera and Carrera S models for the 2017 model year, incorporating subtle exterior tweaks, a new infotainment system, a newly-standard adaptive suspension system, and several truly compelling performance-focused features.”
Give the 911 Carrera S a Test Drive Today
At Porsche of Orland Park, we’re ready to put you behind the wheel of the new 911 Carrera S for a test drive. Come by the dealership at 8130 W. 159th Street in Orland Park, IL. Our Tinley Park, Naperville, and Chicago area customers can give us a call at 800-728-0866 to schedule a test drive today.