The Marvelous Engines of the 2016 Porsche Cayenne
The 2016 Porsche Cayenne delivers the thrills and style that drivers have come to expect from both the Porsche and Cayenne name. But what drivers may not know is that the 2016 Cayenne comes with a number of different engine options. This means different levels of power and torque, allowing you to customize your Cayenne to suit your environment and your driving needs.
So, What are My Options?
All 2016 Cayennes come with a type of Triptronic S engine, many of which are V6s. The Cayenne Turbo and Turbo S both feature V8s, though. A number of Cayenne trims feature engine displacement. The Cayenne S E-Hybrid, Turbo, and Turbo S all boast a 3L displacement, while the Cayenne, S, and GTS achieve a displacement of 3.6L.
What are the Differences?
Clearly, with so many different trim levels available, the new 2016 Porsche Cayenne features a number of different engine choices. So, let us break down the different choices to make your decision easier.
- Baseline 2016 Porsche Cayenne – The baseline trim delivers 300 horsepower and a top speed of 142 miles per hour.
- 2016 Porsche Cayenne S – With 420 horsepower and 406 lb-ft of torque, the S hits 161 mph.
- 2016 Porsche Cayenne GTS – Offering slightly more horsepower and torque than the S, the GTS gets a little more speed, delivering a max of 161 mph.
- 2016 Porsche Cayenne Turbo – Noticeably more powerful, the Turbo realizes 520 horsepower, 553 lb-ft of torque, and it goes from 0 to 60 in 4.2 seconds. Its top speed is 173 mph.
- 2016 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S – The most powerful Cayenne, the Turbo S tops the Turbo with a 0 to 60 acceleration for 3.8 seconds. Its top speed is 176 miles per hour.
- 2016 Porsche Cayenne S E-Hybrid – While it’s less powerful than almost all the vehicles in the Cayenne family, it still achieves a robust 333 hp. Further, it offers by far the best gas mileage – marrying a gas engine to an electric motor, it delivers 47 mpg combined city/highway.
Learn More About the 2016 Porsche Cayenne Today!
Whether you value fuel economy, top speed, or acceleration, there is a thrilling, exhilarating Cayenne for you. To learn more about the 2016 Cayenne, contact Rizza Porsche online, call us at 800-728-0866, or stop into 8130 West 159th Street, Orland Park, for a test drive!