2016 Porsche Macan vs. 2016 Lincoln MKX
2016 Porsche Macan
2016 Lincoln MKX
Luxury crossovers have become the hot new vehicle, thanks to the fierce competition between the 2016 Porsche Macan vs. the 2016 Lincoln MKX. Both vehicles are designed to appeal to buyers who want luxury upgrades like leather seating with heating and ventilation, but only the Porsche can win in terms of performance, handling, technology, and more.
The 2016 Macan offers several advantages in terms of performance over the MKX, particularly for those who want a crossover that offers a sportier drive in addition to luxurious comfort. The Macan boasts a top track speed of 156 mph and a 0-60 mph acceleration of as fast as 5.0 seconds, which rivals the 911 two-seaters of the mid-1980s. The Lincoln MKX isn’t designed to be a track contender, which is why you won’t see those numbers near the vehicle. Other advantages of the Macan’s performance include:
- The Macan offers 340 hp with its basic drivetrain, a 3.0 L V6, while even the top MKX model only offers 335 hp. Likewise, the base Macan still outstrips the base MKX with nearly 20 additional lb-ft of torque.
- Even with the additional power capability, the Macan offers nearly equal fuel economy to either MKX drivetrain.
- Porsche’s exclusive and superior available air suspension and dynamic chassis control, which provide a smoother, more responsive drive for discerning individuals who care about handling and control.
The 2016 Porsche Macan is flying out of dealership lots primarily because of its appealing design. When compared to the 2016 Lincoln MKX, the Porsche is again a clear winner. The Macan boasts a lower profile, softer lines, and a sleeker look, which offer additional appeal to the intended market, while the MKX offers the same solid build of its Lincoln predecessors. Brighter exterior hues and more innovative wheel designs round out the design option advantages for the Porsche. In terms of personalization, these models come out a tie, since the customization of both Lincoln Black Label and Porsche Exclusive are comparable in terms of both options and attentive service.
Entertainment and Technology
For both the Porsche and the Lincoln, entertainment options are plentiful, though you may find the experience of driving a Macan to be entertainment enough on its own. Compared head to head, the 2016 Porsche again leads the 2016 Lincoln, thanks to better base options and intuitive safety features, including:
- A superior base Bose sound system, offering additional power thanks to two more loudspeakers and precision interior tuning
- A 7-speed transmission, sport button, and sport exhaust technology, which provide a smoother drive and optimal acceleration
- Porsche Communication Management, an infotainment system exclusive to the Porsche brand, while the Lincoln merely offers MyLincoln Touch, an enhanced, but hardly creative, version of the MyFord Touch system.
Test Drive the Superior Macan at Porsche Orland Park
If you are ready to explore these two vehicles, then start at Porsche Orland Park: A Joe Rizza Dealership. Our team is ready and waiting six days a week to help you try out a 2016 Macan for yourself. You can reach us at (800) 728-0866 or you can visit our website to learn more about our wide selection of new and pre-owned Porsche models, on-site financing, and superior service. Hop behind the wheel for a test drive to discover why the Porsche Macan should become your next vehicle today!